Would You Like to Join Our Team?
Learning Support Coordinator (Permanent)
This position will commence on 28 January 2020. The successful candidate will be an experienced, registered teacher who is passionate about making a difference with students and whānau. Although this position will be based at Reremoana School, it will also involve working collaboratively with other schools and other LSCs within our Alfriston Kāhui Ako.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated successful experience in working with children and young people with learning support needs in the classroom, and have knowledge, a commitment to and an understanding of the learning support system.
They will be able to:
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to co-construct strategies/plans to support the development for learners with learning support needs
- Develop and implement programmes to suit the needs of specific children and groups
- Facilitate PLD programmes to support staff to be able to implement support programmes
- Work alongside the SENCO, RTLB and other support agencies in implementing programmes to support learners
- Work with whānau to support the development of the child
- Show commitment to the vision and values of Reremoana School including PB4L
Details of the learning support coordinator role can be found at: Learning Support Coordinators Role Description
Reremoana School is a growing Y0–8 decile 9 school in the friendly community of Wattle Downs, 5 minutes off the motorway in South Auckland. We opened in 2006.
- support and guidance to grow you in your role
- a commitment to future focused learning pedagogies, including competency based learning
- opportunities to develop and follow your personal passion
- a genuinely supportive and collaborative staff culture
- a family friendly environment, with every effort made to support work/life balance
Applications close 3pm Friday December 6 2019
Please forward your CV and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are not complete until two referee check forms have been received.